It's difficult to feel centered and in control of your body when you have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). A sound, a smell, even a particular word, can immediately transport you back in tim ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
1. A scheduled practice of silence or meditation. This time is simply an opportunity for you to access your true Self, your soul. The part of you that is immune to criticism, unfearful of any challenge and it feels beneath no one. The soul is humble and has respect for all people and it is where ALL of your power lies. It is a place of infinite creativity, freedom and bliss. When you first begin, your mind will get loud, sometimes even ugly, you may experience resistance to that silence, BUT eventually the mind gives up and you sink deep into your place of power and calm. Turn off the the TV, the radio, put your book down and just get quiet. Time yourself, let the voice of the ego drift off and just BE.
2. Create a powerful morning routine. Do you make time for breakfast? Do you make time to take your vitamins and drink water every morning? Do you make time to stretch a little? Do you like to exercise in the mornings? Do you brush your teeth and wash your face? A good morning routine is healthy and helps get your day started on a positive vibe.
3. Hydrate throughout the day. This is a must. Your body is 70% water!! You need to keep fueling your body and mind with lots of water. 3 liters a day is optimal. I personally drink 100oz of water a day which is almost 3 liters. One 24oz water bottle filled up 4 times. The first bottle goes down first thing in the morning - before I even get out of bed. I carry this bottle with me everywhere. That way, water is always handy and there for me to drink.
4. Sleep. When we sleep the body goes into repair mode, yes that is when the body does it's best healing work. Good rest is also good for the mind and the soul. When I wake up feeling well rested, it is the first thing that comes out of my mouth (I talk to myself lol). I hear myself say, wow, I feel good and rested. Lack of sleep causes mood swings, inability to concentrate, the need for stimulants to stay awake, Shut down your phone, your computer, turn off the TV and get to bed at a decent hour. Sleep may not come right away so light a candle by your bed, take some time to breathe deeply, shift your body and mind into rest mode. Sleep also gives your mind time to take a break from any stresses or problems - and you may wake up in the morning fresh with new solutions!
5. Choose joy and happiness. Yes they are choices and they are choices that come from the inside. Nothing outside of you can make you happy - it is you that must choose (on a daily basis). It is you that must choose to be happy. It's like an internal switch that has to be flipped every day, especially if you are used to being unhappy or waiting for that "something" to make you happy. What's funny is that as soon as you choose to be happy (just for today), something will try to get in your way. I don't know why that happens but it does! It's crazy yet, after a couple of days, that will begin to stop or you won't notice it anymore because you will have gotten the message - happiness is an inside job. Nothing outside of you can change that or take that away!
Live your life - IT IS your business!! It is up to you to stay on top of your happiness, your health, your success etc.
Sign up for a complimentary coaching session - it's worth your time, especially because you are so special and worthy of greatness.
Summer discounts on personal training and yoga! 20% off on packages of 8 and 12 - that's a nice fat discount!